Wilmington Art & Soul Fest- Sponsored by the Wilmington News Journal
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 15th- 6pm-11pm- Last Mural Party-
featuring Chip Murdock and The Connection
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th- FESTIVAL begins at 10am!
Spend the day in downtown Wilmington shopping, riding the trolley, and being entertained by local talent!
This day-long event will feature artists of all kinds –Dancers, Live Local Musicians, Painters, Woodworkers, Crafters, Glass Artists, Jewelry Makers, Quilters, Fabric Artists, Potters, Photographers and more! This is a great opportunity to support local artists and musicians and sample some great local food and music!
- 8am-12pm Farmer’s Market on Mulberry street in front of the General Denver
- 10am-4pm Wilmington Art Soul Fest OPENS- Art & Craft Market at the Courthouse Lawn- Main Street is closed.
- 10am- Main Street Yoga class on the Courthouse Lawn
- 10am-4pm Self-Guided Tours of the downtown murals by Yellow Springs, OH artist Jason Morgan
- 10am-12pm Walk-through tours of the historic Murphy Theatre and Artist Studios on Main Street
- 10:30- 3:30pm FREE Trolley rides through downtown
- 11am Tour of “Here Come the Brides” exhibit at the Clinton County History Center on Locust St.
- 1pm-6pm- Food Vendors, Tin Cap Cider, Beer and Wine for sale at the Mural Parking Lot and on Main Street
- 2pm- Live dance performances by the Wilmington Performing Arts Studio with Cole Haugh
- 6:15 -Operation Cherry Bend VIP Event at the Murphy
- 7:00 Operation Cherry Bend Concert with Joe Diffie
WHAT TO DO:
Stop by the Main Street Wilmington booth at the corner of Mulberry and Main Street and pick up your official Art & Soul Fest Schedule and Map and a Stained Glass Scavenger Hunt. Then head down Main Street and visit our local merchants and the Murphy Theatre and Galleries to see the beautifully renovated Theatre from 10am-12pm, and some amazing local artists in the hidden artist lofts above the historic Theatre, open from 10am-4pm. At the end of Main Street, you’ll see over 35 artists and Crafters set up on the Courthouse lawn which has been turned into an open-air market filled with handcrafted goods and skilled artists sharing their talents. Start your Christmas shopping early here! Hop on the Trolley and stop at the Shoppes at the Old Mill, then head over to visit the Clinton County History Center to see the exhibit of local wedding gowns, Here Come the Brides! Pop into Kava Haus for some coffee, and For a Song and a Story which houses a beautiful collection of musical instruments, lessons, and books. Shop local merchants- and be sure to stop by Rome Jewelers for their HUGE Pandora event that day! See the dancers from the Wilmington Performing Arts Studio and hear local musicians at the Mural Parking Lot stage and the City stage at the Courthouse throughout the day!
We’ll have beer, wine and cider from Tin Cap Cider for sale at the Mural Parking lot, so take a seat and listen to some fine local music while relaxing beside the beautiful mural painted by Jason Morgan.
Operation Cherry Bend concert by Joe Diffie takes place at The Murphy Theatre that evening, so be sure to plan to spend your day in beautiful Wilmington, Ohio!
- Around the Courthouse – Downtown Wilmington (Rain or Shine)- Corner of S. South and E. Main Streets
- Performances- live on the City Stage – adjacent to the Courthouse and the Mural Parking Lot stage behind the General Denver.
- Various Downtown Shops and Performing Arts Venues; historic walking tours- Main Street, South Street, Locust Street, Sugartree Street.
- Main Street will be closed that day and the TROLLEY will be running about town shuttling festival goers from one fun event to another!
Cost: Free to attend – Craft Vendor Booth fee – $40.00
Food and Drink Vendors Will Be On-Site- If you are a licensed food truck vendor who would like to participate, there is no fee for a space! Please contact us for details 937-382-2737 email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help us with this fun-filled day celebrating the Arts in Wilmington- CLICK THE BUTTON below to VOLUNTEER!