Check the Business Development Guide!
10 Step Guide
- Pick A Location
- Visit the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce website and complete the “Starting A Business” checklist.
- Obtain a “Certificate of Appropriateness”
- Buildings within the H1 Wilmington Commercial Historic District require a “Certificate of Appropriateness” for all exterior changes and signage.
- Attend the Design Review Board meeting for approval of exterior changes and signage.
- Obtain a sign permit with a zoning permit application.
- Obtain a “Site Plan Review”
- Changes to a site require a site plan review. Examples of changes that require this review are changes in numbers of parking spaces, storm water drainage, landscaping, lighting, or major additions.
- “Site Plan Reviews” must be completed before obtaining a building permit.
- Will the business be serving food or drinks?
- Begin gaining the licensing needed by completing the “Food Service Operation & Retail Food Establishment Facility Plan Review” packet and submitting it to the Clinton County Health Department.
- Obtain a “Commercial Permit” for a “Certificate of Use & Occupancy” and any building changes.
- Complete the required inspections.
- Join the Chamber of Commerce & become a Main Street supporter!
Check out the business guide timeline below!
Starting A Business
Explore the Clinton County Chamber of Commerce website and complete the “Starting A Business” checklist.
Go to Ohio.gov for additional resources for starting a business in Ohio, including financing opportunities.
Check out the Clinton County Economic Development Center for Clinton County business demographics.